Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Fragments of My Life

Fragments of my shattered life are broken on the floor
Keeping me from walking by and leaving out the door.
I want to pick up a piece, but it might hurt too bad.
Oh the pain of memories. A shard of times so sad.
I saw a piece glimmer as the sunlight kissed its face,
A fragment of my life that is too hard to erase.
It is beautiful. It's dull around the edge. I've picked it up before,
Regretting to put it down, as I lay it on the floor.
Strange how even things that are beautiful can still cause pain.
Like wondering if something so wonderful could ever be made again.
Each fragment holds a piece of me, a branch of a tree.
Jagged, smooth, dim or bright, they speak and set me free.
Wishing to remove a piece would only be in vain.
They just cannot be removed, even when they have caused pain.
With out a piece I would only be a part of who I am today.
A fragment of my heart would die, and then it would decay.
I recognize them all . . . though some differently than before.
Pain, love, hope and regret, love lost and times that I adore.
Fragments of my broken life, shattered on the floor.
A sliver can catch my gaze and I've learned its one you can't ignore.

-Holly (Oct. 15, 2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment