Friday, June 5, 2009

Somethings are worth waiting for. . .

Somethings are worth waiting for I tell myself each day.
Like the dry and barren ground waits for the moist and delicate rain.
Somethings are worth reaching for even when there far away.
I've seen flowers reaching as they search for the sun's rays.
Somethings are worth hoping for I have experience here.
Hope is what keeps me believing that the future is so near.
Somethings are worth believing in even when that seems so hard.
Believing you can find true love when your heart is one big scar.
Waiting for you to see me is not what makes me cry.
It is reaching for you with such hope. Trusting that I won't be denied.
Scarier still is believing that if it ends it's for the best.
That I will be able to move on and let what has been rest.
I must admit that I can't see how this will end,
but I guess life is just that way, it's full of twists and bends.
Somethings are worth waiting for. . .
I wish I knew if that was you.
Somethings are worth reaching for,
will you ever reach back too?
Somethings are worth hoping and believing for.
Tell me if it is you and these feelings I can't ignore.
Tell me I'm not waiting for a cause that has been already lost.
Tell me that this will be worth as much as it has cost.
Help me see that's all I ask, that's all I can implore.
Help me understand that this is all worth waiting for.

1 comment:

  1. A lot of things are worth waiting for. In fact, the best things are worth waiting for.

    ReplyDelete